If you don't like seqtools you may try...
plus a very large number of separate downloadable or web-based applications for specific
- Arthemis - freeware, GNU
- BioEdit - freeware, updated: June 2007
- Emboss for Windows - freeware, updated: February 2005
- SeWeR - SEquence analysis using WEb Resources - freeware, updated: 2004 (?)
- Wikipedia - list of sequence alignment software
- DNA for windows - shareware, updated: August 2004
- Sequence Analysis - donate-ware, updated: January 2006
- Premier Biosoft International - commercial (price: USD 585 - 4,885 !!)
- Genamics Expression - commercial (price: USD 595, academic ed. !!)
- Gencheck - commercial (price: ??)
- GeneStudio - commercial (price: ??)
- LaserGene - commercial (price: ??, update info: ??)
- Vector NTI Advance 10 - commercial (price: ??)
- Sequencher 4.7 - commercial (price: ??)
- Dnaman - commercial (price: USD 789)
- BioTools- Discontinued, company now in the poker game business !!!
tasks - and packages I didn't find when I prepared this list.
Looking through the list it is remarkable that with two exceptions, none of the commercial
companies wish to reveal the price of their software products - and in most cases also
forget to mention when the software was last updated.
Realistic alternatives to seqtools as a general-purpose core application for the Windows
platform are limited to four first packages in the list.
Please contact me
if you know of other sequence analysis software packages which should
have been in the list.
The list was updated on 11. October 2014